The SPL5 is the enhanced version of the SPL3; the audio level is monitored by means of a microphone; the microcontroller continuously measures the microphone-level and attenuates the output level as much as necessary to keep the sound level below the given threshold.
The SPL5 can be used in live-situations to monitor the audio level produced by a live-band, and sanction is necessary by cutting off the mains voltage or give an optical indication to the band. In a non-live situation, so music played over the PA-equipment the SPL5 is inserted after the mixer, and before the amplifiers. It uses the microphone to determine the audio level, and attenuates the output level is required.
New in the SPL5 is the possibility to store the sound-level data, and event history over a period of two months. With the PC-software the limiters memory can be read out. Configuring the limiter is done with the same software. But before it becomes possible to make any changes this software has to be registered; this makes it impossible for un-authorised people to alter the limiters configuration.
This PC-software makes it possible to control the limiter over a computer-network, and even over the Internet!
- Based on DATEQ SPL limiter principle
- Live and music mode
- 3 Timeslots/ day
- Fraud detection
- 2 Months data storage
- Controllable over the Internet
- Compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
- Registration only needed when configuration changed have to be made
The SPL-D2 is a sound-level display unit. This unit can be used as a stand-alone device, or it can be connected to the SPL5 limiter. The display is built-up with hi-efficiency bi-color LEDs, so that it is clearly readable from a distance.
When connected to the SPL5 the display value is read from the SPL5 limiter. The bar can be used as a soundlevel indication bar, or as an attenuation bar.
When used as a stand-alone unit the measuring microphone must be connected. The display shows the actual measured value. When the value crosses the pre-defined level the display color switches from green to red. This can be used as an indication for a live-band.
When using a measuring microphone three measuring curves can be selected:
These settings can be changeg using the SPL-D2 configuration software.
- Large, clearly readable digits
- Can be used standalone, or as an extension of the SPL5
- Display is automatically dimmed in a dark environment
- Display-color changes when the threshold is passed
- Can be linked to the SRL-1 to act as circuitbreaker
- Mic (measuring microphone) : XLR- 3 female. To be used with the supplied measuring microphone only
- Jack USB : 6,3 mm Jack. Datalink to the SPL-5
- Norm : Measurement chain designed to function according specifications IEC-61672-1 class 2
- Supply Input voltage : 24 V dc
- Power consumption : 9 W
- Compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 7
- Display intensity can be adjusted
- Adjustable threshold
- Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
- Limiter function can be adjusted